March 1st, 2019
Vianeos and Ooredoo revamp the way viewers access television in Qatar
A full 360° approach to enhance the customer experience.
Vianeos, one of the leading companies in the IPTV & OTT market, has been working closely with Ooredoo in Qatar to revamp all its applications to access television content.
With the launch of new mobile applications in iOS and Android, as well as a new state-of-the-art set-top box based on Android TV – operator tier, Vianeos has partnered with Ooredoo to enrich its lineup of features and services in a constantly changing environment.
Ooredoo Qatar offers a wide array of television services to its consumers such as:
- more than 400 live TV channels including 170+ in high definition (HD),
- a vast catalog of on-demand content in English and Arabic,
- also, for the first time in Qatar, a library of content available in 4K HDR and Dolby.
Vianeos developed the different applications and the user interfaces to access the richness of Ooredoo content on multiple devices (mobile, tablet, set-top box).
With this revamp, Ooredoo introduces a consistency in its User Interface across all devices and adds new features to its set-top box such as:
- A dedicated User Interface for kids, so that parents are at ease with a secured environment as well as a specific design to please kids,
- A section dedicated to applications and games with preloaded apps such as YouTube, Google Games, Yupp TV, and StarzPlay,
- A dynamic HomePage offering features such as:
- a 7-day detailed TV guide (EPG),
- a multi-language user interface available in Arabic and English,
- more than 100 TV channels offering catch up TV services,
- a multi-profile function allowing up to 4 members of the family to personalize the content on the HomePage,
- a powerful search engine across all type of content (TV live, VOD, Catch up TV…),
- the possibility to record TV programs on a hard drive connected to the box or in the cloud (NPVR),
- a recommendation engine that suggests specific content depending on your tastes and habits,
- the integration of Google Assistant.